This recipe of Carrot Cake is guaranteed to win everyone’s taste buds and hearts! It is a healthy yet rich recipe that uses nut flours and cashews for the icing. Very simple and easy to make. You will need a food processor to make this recipe.
Delicious to serve with coffee or tea for an afternoon snack. Perfect for dessert too!
- 2 cups Macadamia Nut Flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 cups finely grated carrot
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 5 tsp baking powder (gluten free, aluminium free)
- 4 free range, organic eggs
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup Macadamia Nut Syrup
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for approximately 3 hours
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup pure Macadamia Nut syrup
- 2 tbl sp coconut oil
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit .
2. In a large mixing bowl add macadamia nut flour, coconut flour, carrot, walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix to combine.
3. In a separate smaller bowl add eggs, coconut oil and macadamia nut syrup. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
4. Pour egg mixture into dry mixture and stir through with a wooden spoon to combine.
5. Pour the cake mixture into a baking paper lined 18cm cake tin. Smooth the surface out with a spoon and place in the oven.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top and the skewer comes out clean.
7. To make cream cheese, blend all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Once cake is completely cooled, frost cake and top with walnuts and lemon zest.